Re: vcs3 user manuals

i searched the internet, and it looks like the only hits that come up refer
to "Band-in-a-Box".  not even Roland has info on it at their site!  PG
Music
has a FAQ page that has some info on the VSC3, which may be all there is
right now.  maybe you can glean some info from that.

http://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq.htm

Roland VSC3 Sound Synthesizer Included
An important part of "Band-in-a-Box" is the band that you actually hear -
this is determined by the MIDI driver that you use for output. Most people
use either an FM or Wavetable sound card or a software synthesizer. Roland
has been making, in our opinion, the best quality software synthesizer -
the
Roland Virtual Sound Canvas (VSC). The quality of the sounds has greatly
improved in the latest version of the VSC - dubbed the "VSC3." The sounds
are so good that we put them to the test as a "blindfold" listening test on
our web site (www.pgmusic.com/blindfold_compare.htm). We made recordings of
the VSC3, various popular MIDI sound cards, sound cards with enhanced
soundfonts and hardware modules. They were all playing the identical files
(Classical, Jazz and Funk). The winner as voted by the visitors to the site
was the Roland VSC3 - beating out the tested hardware modules and sound
cards, including those with enhanced soundfonts! So now you can hear all of
your MIDI Music with the new VSC3, since it works with Band-in-a-Box and
most any other MIDI program that you have.

Tom