Re: Yamaha Stomp Pedals

-- Gary Lehmann <hqr@cox.net> wrote:
> I now have two of the Stomp pedals, the UD (delay) and the DG (amp
>models,
> multieffects).  I bought the DG on Mark Hamburg's recommendation on this
> list--the great thing about it is that all the parameters have knobs
>which
> can be tweaked in live performance, enabling you to customize your live
> sound.  It also sounds very convincing when going direct--or thru an amp!

I have a DG too. Another useful feature is that you can disable the preamp
section completely and just use the effects. Even with the speaker sim
turned
off, I didn't care for it's sound through my amp, but it works great if I
turn
off it's internal preamp. I also like it direct with the speaker sim (now
if I
could just find a sound person who would give me a consistant mix of
myself, I
might actually USE it that way...)

Greg