Midi pedal for EDP

Hi all,

since the FC-7 for my EDP starts to act funny (those red switches, you
know)
I guess I better move on and try to get me a Midi pedal to control the EDP.
What can you recommend that is dependable and not too big?

I don't want to go for the Behringer FCB1010: too troublesome to programm,
too big (I don't really need expression pedals) plus I heard a lot about
breakdowns with Behringer. I had the Boss FC-50 once and that seemed o.k.
but is probably lacking options with it's five plus one A/B button? What
kind of functions do you really need when you want to take advantage of
Loop
IV?

Thanks in advance, Andreas