Re: Echoplex - Overdub fails

At 10:31 AM 3/4/2004, Jon Arterton wrote:
>I'm a Newbie with a new Echoplex (which I love).
>Suddenly it will no longer overdub.
>The loop repeats and OVD goes red but nothing's being recorded over. Then
>when I hit OVD again the light goes green and it starts overdubbing.
>Seems
>backwards to me.

you put it into delay mode. go to the Loop/Delay parameter and put it back
on loop. Read that section in the manual so you understand all the
different options.

>A Second question: what's the easiest way?
>Say I wanted four loops and wanted an original rhythmic pattern from
>first
>loop to be repeated into the next three. I've tried with LoopCopy but it
>continues on subsequent passes to copy onto following loops. I really
>just
>want the first pass to be repeated. Is passing though all four loops
>(perhaps with NextLoop & Multiply) necessary before I start layering
>(not-for-copy) layers on top?

I'm not sure I understand you, but with LoopCopy the loop you are
currently
in is the one copied to the nextloop. If you want to copy the same base
into the other loops, you usually need to go back to the first one and
then
copy it again. You might have an easier time with that using
SwitchQuantize, nextloop, and multiply, as you are considering. hope that
helps.

kim