All Access/Ernie Ball Pedal(s) Question

I know some of this has been covered in the archives,
but I am still searching for a precise answer.

I just picked up a Rocktron All Access to control my
rack and I need 2 pedals for CC control. I have a 25k
Stereo (6167 I believe) pedal which I thought had a
linear taper, but it doesn't appear to be true. I want
smooth control of the CC's, not the logarithmic type
(is that correct?).

I like the ruggedness of the EB's, but can I have the
pots replaced to do this? I've heard EB will refab a
pedal, but will they change the pot type? Any
experience here? Or conversely, is there any (passive)
rugged pedals out there that will do this of the
shelf?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

tim