Is there any advantage in using a real time looper in a computer software music environment?

Is there any advantage in using a real time looper in a computer software music environment, say with Ableton Live or Cubase SX?  I’ve been looking at the RC-20, and some of the other looping instruments at the Loopers Delight site.  It doesn’t look like the RC-20 supports midi.  It seems that syncing is an important issue.

I’m not a guitarist, so I mostly ignored the e-mails coming through that dealt with such instruments.  Then I realized that you can use them with keyboards and drum machines, and that perked my interest.

So, I’d appreciate any feedback you can give.

Thanks, Tom