Re: Sound Art Chameleon - as LoopIV platform

At 06:24 PM 3/10/2004, Eric Williamson wrote:

>i need/want something FAR simpler than an EDP. the primary drawback to
>the EDP
>for me is a lack of pre-defined loop lengths and a "dump" control which
>doesn't
>require me to hit "record" and re-define the loop length.
>
>i have both of these things with my PCM-80 in a very hi fidelity
>enviornment.

Eric, have you checked out the Lexicon emulations from PSP software (
http://www.pspaudioware.com )?  It almost sounds as if something like the
PSP-42 or PSP-84 VST's running on your laptop (or, if you need outboard,
on
a Receptor [ http://www.museresearch.com ]). They might be pretty close to
hitting most of your points.

Just a thought...

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil