Malfunctioning Line 6 DL4 Question

Hello all,

I haven't written for a while but I'm running into
a little equipment difficulty in the "small rig"
set up I've been trying to put together-- the
looping heart of which is a Line 6 DL4 Delay
Modeler that has apparently gone totally kaput.

I get no signal through it at all (except in bypass
mode). I put new batteries in it to see if that
was the problem -- with no change. I've checked
all of the cables and they're all okay -- as I said,
I DO get a good signal in bypass mode.

The one exception to the above is in "Loop
Sampler" mode where I get no signal at all
no matter what buttons I push or where any
of the knobs are set at.

It's kind of sad really. The thing hasn't had that
much use in the year or so that I've owned it.
I used it on a gig or two where I could ill afford
to schlepp my big "rack of doom" rig with EDPs
and all. That's the only time it's really seen any
abuse -- and that was 6 to 8 months ago.

The rest of the time it sat by a combo amp in
my living room for spontaneous use (which it
rarely got even then). It mostly just collected dust.

Anyone else ever encounter this sort of thing?
Anyone have any opinion on Line 6's service
department? How fast are they? What sort
of repair costs can I expect?

Thanks!

Ted Killian