Re: Eventides (Was: Re: Lovetone stuff)

On Mar 20, 2004, at 8:07 PM, Jeff Shirkey wrote:
> Are there any other Eclipse users on the list besides David Coffin?

i don't count as an Eclipse user, but i do have a 3000SE.

i love it.

however, my next Eventide will be an Eclipse (though i wish it were two
spaces, i'm not into that tiny keypad. the 3000 has me spoiled).

i've used both, they have similar interfaces. however, some of the
algorithms are not available on the Eclipse that are on the 3000. and,
the Eclipse can do many many things that the 3000 can't. the Eclipse
also has the nicest display i've ever seen on a piece of equipment,
better than the PCM-80 even.

I happen to like the way scrolling through patchlists makes the 3000
mod routings glitch ... i think it's a cool effect. i also like the
effects so much that i'm buying an 828 mkII to use as a looping rig
brain, so i have access to the Eventide and PCM-80 for mixing in
Performer as well as looping. right now the effects are wired into the
828 as i'm recording/producing 2 separate bands.

using one Eventide or Lexicon effect on a track sounds so much better
than 5 plug ins it's not even funny. the processor load on my computer
has been completely lightened ... i have projects with 20 tracks, and
only 3 or 4 plugins (eq and dynamics) for the whole project.

---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com