RE: Yamaha UD-Stomp vs. Magic Stomp

HI, Catilyne:

Don't let the inefficient interface scare you off. It IS a very nice unit,
particularly for the blow-out price Musicians Friend was selling it for a
little while back. For $400, though, if that's what they;re at now (did
you say they were double the Magic Stomp?), I'd think about other options
( i.e. rack mounts et al).

Regards, Paul

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:55:29 -0600, Catilyne <catilyne@icicle.net> wrote :

> Gary & Paul,
>
> Thanks for the feedback!  I wasn't aware that there were so many
interface
> issues with the UD.  In fact, when I divided the arguments into columns
for
> pros & cons on each unit, I inadvertently gave the UD higher marks for
> interface (this was based mainly upon the many parameter knobs).  Sounds
> like even that can't simplify working with it, though.
>
> The biggest thing aggravating me about the Magic Stomp is the lack of
any
> realtime MIDI control.  I was thinking that you might be able to fudge
> something by running a MIDI pedal into a laptop, then using the editing
> software on the laptop to send the parameter changes along to the pedal
> (ick! that's ugly).  However, after going through the software manual,
I'm