Re: Black oberheim dates????

--- Matthias Grob <matthias@grob.org> wrote:
> be aware that the Chameleon has the following
> disadvantages:
> - no multiple loops (since total loop time is only
> 20 sec stereo)
> - no brother sync (no hardware available)
> - less practical display
> - only MIDI pedal
>
> the big advantages are
> - stereo
> - you can use the Chamy as synth, multieffect...

Points taken.  For me the pedal issue is significant -
what I've read on LD over the years is that to
reproduce ALL the functionality available with the
companion pedal for the EDP would require a MIDI pedal
costing quite a bit more than that companion pedal.

I will also take Claude's advice to search the used
market for EDPs.  Who knows, I may end up with both in
the future.  Right now though, my focus is on learning
the basics of the turntablist method.

> I wanted them to sell the real EDPs first.
> But its not just that they dont attend their
> clients,
> not only they dont pay for the units they ordered
> and wait in the factory
> but they did not pay yet for the 200 they sold over
> a year ago!
> they heavily disrespect us developers and
> manufacturers and breach
> contract over and over and over and over... the most
> childish way:
> "no, dont go to court, we pay next week!" and then
> they dont...
> silence again... again the EDP changes department...
> again they fire
> the only responsible and competent employee...

Sounds consistent with what I've read about Gibson
corporate behavior over the years (the handling of
Opcode, suing Paul Reed Smith Guitars, etc.).

Paolo