RE: Please help...Which Looping Pedal?

hello, from what I read on your post, you do not want to do
lots of really fancy/tricky/strange things, glitching or whatever.

I have to say that the Boomerang also has a feedback control;

you can create loop A, play it, overdub something (phrase B) to it,
let the result play, overdub and/or play along, etc etc...
if you turn off overdubbing, the result will continue looping as it is
(and you can play along);
if you let overdub on, the resul will continue looping, fading out
according to
the number of repeats you configured for that loop (and you can always
play along);

and this is for each of the 2 loops (A/B) available on the Boomerang,
each one having a configurable different feedback rate.

3 more things : as far as I know,
- the Boomerang is currently available (no postponed delivery dates);
- it is still in production and supported (unlike the Repeater) even if
you won't need support ;
- it is cheaper than both the EDP and the Repeater;

Francois
    check Early Wanderings samples on http://1000.times.free.fr

Carl McClatchey [cmcclatchey@amlaw.com]

> I am looking at the Akai Headrush, the Line6 DM-4, the Boss DD-20 and the
> Boss RC-20.
>
> I want to be able to play a guitar part, loop it, play another part over
> that part and have the original loop fade out as I record another loop.
> Essentially, record part A, loop it, play/record part B, loop it, play
part
> C and, after part A has faded out, loop part C. I do not care too much
about
> adding any crazy sounds effects to the mix, though a bit of delay would
>be
> nice to be able to add into the mix.
>
> Seems like the DD-20 is too limited as far as number of looping tracks as
> well as how it saves the tracks. Seems like the RC-20 is too limited as
far
> as layering multiple tracks. The Line6 sounds poorly constructed and the
> Headrush is something of an enigma.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.
>
> Carl McClatchey

application/ms-tnef