WHAT's A LIVE LOOPER, ANYWAY?

Andre enquired:

"Pardon me for asking, but...  if using a Line6 to loop with doesn't make
one a "looper," then what exactly does?"

I typed that rather hastily, 'Dre.   I should have said that he doesn't
CONSIDER himself a 'live looper', which would distinguish
him, in that sense, from someone who actively thinks of themselves as live
loopers, like myself or Matthias Grob or Per Boysen
or, perhaps, you.

It's a hair split of course and, as with all categorizations, intrinsically
innacurate and made merely to make the point that live
looping techniques have insuated themselves into the live performances of
lots of musicians who, five years ago, wouldn't have used them.

What I was trying to get across in that poorly worded paragraph was the
sense of excitement that the live looping
thing seems to be becoming normal and accepted.     I had the same sense of
excitement when, last year,  I read an article in
our home town entertainment rag about live looping artist Amy X Neuburg.
It was the first time I had ever seen
a mention of such a thing in print where the journalist assumed that
everyone reading the article already knew what
live looping was.

After hundreds of hours of producing gigs, promoting, doing radio and press
interviews and playing close to 100 concerts
I felt a little bit of satisfaction that all of our work in this community
(even if you dont' think there is such a thing) has paid off
in a positive way.

Hope that clarification makes sense, bro.

Also,  I too would love to know if you are going to grace us with a
performance and/or clinic (preferably both) at
Loopstock this year.

I, for one, would love to see and hear what you are up to, currently.

warmly yours,   Rick