Boss RC-20 punch Problem--"Auto correct?"

<snip>
Also, for those who said they were having a hard time punching in the loop
on time, now that I had a chance to play with it awhile, with no problem,
may I suggest this... Don't try to write a phrase and punch it in... that
indeed proves near impossible to synch. Instead play back "into" the phrase
and punch as you play... works like a charm time/tempo wise...
----->This is a reply to a post from December 2003--I notice the RC-20
seems
to auto correct . . . Is this something others have noticed?
Here is the manifestation I have observed--when I finish a loop, I get what
I would have to call a "bump"--in other words, the loop starts playback
later than expected--as observed by me and those with whom I am playing.
When the loop plays back tho, it is seamless--no bumps.  I can only assume
that the machine is making a better monkey of me.  Has this been observed
by
anyone else and is my guess correct?
Gary