Re: Gibson Echoplex Digital Pro Reverse Function

On 04-04-11 08.40,  "Neil T. Loehlein" <shattered_galaxy@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> dear fellow loopers,
> i am strongly considering the purchase of the latest Gibson Echoplex.
>One
> burning question i have before i make the purchase is this:  With the
>Gibson
> Echoplex, is it possible to create a reverse loop and then overdub in
>reverse
> without changing the direction of the original loop (layering reverse
>overdubs
> while keeping the initial loop in reverse as well)?  The Boss RC-20 i
>have now
> doesn't have that capability which is annoying and makes reverse looping
> virtually useless in live applications.  Also, how well does the MIDI
> communicate with sequencers....is there a fair amount of flexibility
>while
> still keeping the looper and sequencers in sync?  any input would be
> appreciated.
> thanks,
> neil

Hi Neil,

To make a reverse overdub to a loop you first have to reverse the original
loop. Then you make some noise while overdubbing and reverse it all a
second
time. Now you end up with the original loop ("background") straight and
your
latest overdub reversed. I don't find this to be a problem at all in a live
situation. IMO it's cool to reverse even the original loop only to let it
come back, spiced up with a reversed overdub. That's one thing I love with
the EDP; it let's you mess things up badly and still return to perfect sync
and harmony :-)

You might have to specify "MIDI communication with sequencers" a little
more, to get valuable answers. The only MIDI communication I have used to
sequencers is midi clock syncing and the EDP does this perfectly, as a
slave
or as a clock master. All functions are available over MIDI so you should
be
able to completely sequence it. I'm controlling it from midi foot pedals
over MIDI.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
--