re: "Live Looping"

I too have found this thread quite informative.

I am fortunate to have found in the DC area a scene
where I don't have to put a label on what I do if I
want to play live.  We have some people here who
loosely call themselves Techclub DC that organize open
mic events for electronic musicians called Open
Minijax.  Granted, Open Minijax doesn't happen all the
time - maybe once every 3 months or so, but if you
want to play, just sign up.  Most of the acts have
tended to be laptop people, but at the last one I
attended, there were quite a few acts using analog
gear (pedals, synth modules, etc.) instead of laptops.

I'm starting to learn about the other side, if you
will, as a volunteer for our local annual electronic
music & media festival, Sonic Circuits.  How do we
decide who to invite and who not to invite?  Should we
have a "theme" of some kind?  If so, what?  It's
inevitable that some will feel excluded no matter
what's decided...

Paolo