Re: art rock recommendations?

On 04-04-14 01.48,  "loop.pool" <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:

> Any Henry Cow/Art Bears fans out there who want to initiate a newbie?
>
> eagerly anticipating a reply,   Rick

Well, I'm no record collector but I've heard some concerts by Henry Cow (in
the seventies). However, what really impressed me was to hear some gigs
with
Fred Frith (don't remember the band names) ten to fifteen years later and
also talking to him about instruments he is building. He got an amzing
sound
from a piece of wood with steel strings and electric pick-ups on both sides
of the tailpiece. He could switch between these two pickups and for some
notes decide to play the strings on the right side of the tailpiece while
using the pick-up on the other side to amplify only the overtones thus
generated. Another cool thing, IMHO, with that "instrument" was it's utter
ugliness. Very raw. No paint or design. Just a piece of wood, two pickups
and some loose hanging leaders.

Best wishes

Per Boysen
--