Re: Using Samplers with loopers live (akai mpc1000 or laptop?)

--- "L. Angulo" <labalou2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am also interested in using samplers live with my
> loopers but i am debating what would be better
> before
> i buy...
>
> akai mpc1000- 800.00dlls.
> Pros:seems very stable,portable size,2 midi ins and
> outs,easy file transfer and upgradable to 128MB
> cons: recognises only wavs i beleive
>
> Laptop-over 1000.00dlls.
> pros: full flexibility!
> cons:price,xtra hardware required,vulnerable to
> crashes?

I'm also interested in what responses you get, Luis.
I have an Apple iBook which which I performed live
once, but it proved to be underpowered for running
most FM7 patches.

I'm specifically interested in comparisons of the Akai
MPC series vs. laptop running Ableton Live.

Paolo