EDP stumped

Sigh.
I've read the manual. I've searched the archives. You are my only hope.
SYNC=in
QUANT=loop
SWITCHQUANT=loop
8THS/CYCLE=8
MORE LOOPS=2
SAMPLERSTYLE=run
My Alesis drum machine is sending MIDI clock, and is set to a simple 4/4
pattern.
I record loop 1, no problem. I record loop 2, no problem. While playing
loop
one, I press NEXTLOOP. The Echoplex thinks (000), then changes flawlessly
into loop 2. While playing loop 2, I press NEXTLOOP. The Echoplex thinks
(000), then instead of changing at the end of loop 2, it starts loop 2 over
(even says so on the LED) and gets about one or two beats into the first
measure before changing back to loop 1.
I am losing my mind.
If it's the MIDI clock from the drum machine, then why does it change
flawlessly from loop 1 into loop 2?
I can just turn off the SWITCHQUANT but this means I have to tap NEXTLOOP
on
the proper downbeat, and I would prefer to let the EDP handle that while
I'm
busy adjusting my effects pedals.
Help me.
Please, help me.