RE: EDP multitap feature

Travis dreams:

>My big wish for future EDP software is a "tapped looper" mode, where
>you can set the number of repeats exactly, and be able to set the
>feedback level for each tap (usually two or three).  What I'd like
>is to have two or three repeats at close to 100% of the live
>instrument level so I can do canon/fugue type things (I can never
>remember the difference between the two concepts).

this was one of the first idea that came from a LOOP delay client in 93.
While technically not difficult to do, I had no idea how to control it.
it asks for a different memory structure which will allow a myriad of
things, but as usual asks for a handy way to operate.
( people complain rather about complexity than the lack of features :-)

So, how did you imagine you would operate that?
could it still be improvised?
a parameter could
- either select another MultiplyMode, where the number of presses of
Multiply button would define how many repetitions you get
- or select the number of repetitions directly

but you also want to set the level of each tap (do you really mean
feedback?) - how could that be controlled?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org