Re: Re: Running Two Echoplex Units in Stereo/Synced - Experiences?

hi travis, hi matthias, hi others.

thanks for help.

If you did not buy them together....

there are not so much opportunities to get two of them and to have the money...

>0) Which version of the Loop software are you using?

loop IV on both units

>1) Youre positive that your brothersync cable is a stereo TRS, and
>not a mono patchcord, right?

yes it is stereo, i mean two stereo jacks and i suppose the cable is connected (what is TRS??)

>2) If you use the current slave as the master and vice versa do you
>have the same problem?

yes i still have the problem, if i change the master /slave

i have two beigefaces with different names (oberheim and gibson)

the older one (oberheim as you can! imagine) gets faster with the time.

>3) Are you spending long periods of time (several minutes) in overdub mode?

not really

>4) Whats the typical length of your loops?

there is no typical loop length in my playing, but the situation is for example:

i record a small loop: 4/4 72 bpm (length: 3,3sec), i multiply: 16 times (no, boring) 15 times : first failure: the master shows 45,6 sec loop length, the slave 45,5 sec.

now i wait . (latte machiato)

>5) How much is a "bit faster"? A few milliseconds? A few hundred
>milliseconds.

20 minutes left: now the slaves is a few hundred milliseconds slower. as i wrote in the first

mail the slave gets faster, now i changed and now the master is faster..

any advices??

you may need to ask Andy for new crystals that match the present standard.

Mr. de la fosse ?

b! est wishes,

frieder

while I really apreciate the help of Travis and his questions are
interesting for cases of MIDI- and BrotherSync, I must say that none
of the questions is relevant for pure stereo use.

as we hesitate to inform, not all EDP generations sync up between
each other. If you did not buy them together, you may need to ask
Andy for new crystals that match the present standard.
so sorry...

--

---> http://Matthias.Grob.org