Re: EchoplexPro Yahoo Group

At 09:57 AM 5/5/2004, you wrote:
> > Why would we join this group as Loopers delight fulfills 100% of
>expertise
> > on the EDP already
>
>Because this group is for looping in general and is not specific to the
>Echoplex yet the group appears to be dominated by Echoplex-specific
>postings.
>I personally don't have a problem with that but I'm sure many here would
>appreciate not being flooded with posts that are completely irrelevant to
>them.

Two points:

I use two Electrix Repeaters. I'm happy with my current setup, but it's
hardware I can't replace when it inevitably dies. So I try to stay current
with the other options that are out there. Right now, the only realistic
option is a pair of EDP's (for stereo). I don't know any better place to
keep track of the current state of ALL looping hardware, low to high-end,
than here in Looper's Delight. It's easy enough to skip past the EDP posts
that don't interest me.

Aside from hardware, I'm very interested to hear how others approach the
art of looping. Much of that art is hardware-agnostic.... or at least you
can get a glimpse of how to work it out with your own hardware. If all the
EDP owners split into a separate Yahoo forum, then why wouldn't all the
Boomarang, Repeater, etc. owners do the same? And then we'd have NO chance
to find the common ground in what we do.

Mike Barrs