Re: RC-20 footswitch modification

on 5/6/04 10:32 AM, kevin messerschmidt at kmesse@lycos.com wrote:

> Has anyone done an RC-20 footswitch modification? Basically the crunchy
> stompbox footpedal messes up my timing. Not that I had much to begin
>with, but
> I figure a real LIGHT tap switch in parallel with the stompswitch (so I
>could
> use either), that I can either mount on the pedalboard or even on the
>guitar
> itself to tap with a finger, would improve my odds of finding that
>elusive
> perfect loop timing. Anyone done one? Anyone? Or thought of it?
>
> Sheesh, one day out of the box and I'm breaking into it already...
>
> Kevin

>http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?S
> RC=lycos10

   hey,

 the problem i had was similar. the pedal was so high off the ground, i
couldnt keep my heel to the floor and be accurate. in a 2am epiphany, an
idea hit that worked: i took the long wrist pad that was in front of my
computer keyboard (pad on top, flat rubber bottom, 2 or 3"wide), cut it in
half, and SuperGlued the shit out it to attach it to each pedal (starting
at
the "back" of each rubber square to avoid slippage). it even fits perfect
and people think it came that way.
  the result is two long (about 6") ramp-like extensions of each pedal that
starts at the pedal and rests on the floor. i now have complete control
over
feel by my foot placement. it also allows for a much softer (padded) touch,
but since the bottom is solid rubber, its dead-on accurate after some
practice. the less foot motion, the better. in some cases, i stand with
each
foot on a pedal pad, and work it on/off-- mainly with "one shots". it works
like a dream. when packing, i just fold each piece under and it gives extra
protection when in transit. makes me happy to know out of all the weird
ideas that blow, we can sometimes come up with brilliance.
  the added bonus, besides looking like a pro mod, is that i now call it
The
Walrus-- g'g'g'Joob! i know it sounds weird, so if youre scatching your
head, and i need to get more specific let me know. good luck. Loop On.

         Are-Jay Hoffmann