Re: EDP multitap feature

I'm thinking of one of those backlit LCD screens.  Anything, including
LEDs, can be washed out in bright lighting conditions (yet another
reason not play outside in the daytime as far as I'm concerned...), and
I suppose it's less expensive from a hardware cost perspective, but a
pixel-based display would (in theory) give greater flexibility to the
display.

The current setup works pretty well for the EDP as it is, but as long
as I'm fantasizing about a new hardware platform and expanded software,
I'd like a bigger display.  And more information can be more confusing
when you're improvising, but as it is I have to remember which loops
have information in them with almost no visual feedback from the EDP
display.  Other things that might be nice to monitor from the display
would be the current length of each loop, where you are in the current
playing loop (a counter).

Now every day I work with several software tools that have horrible,
horrible interfaces which were the product of creeping featureitis, but
I'm just brainstorming.  A thousand great features and a crap interface
are worth less than a dozen great features and a great interface.

Actually, I wish that I had a foot controller that displayed a lot of
this information.  I wish there was something like a Rocktron
All-Access, but with smoother switches and a programmable LCD display
above each switch.  I know that there's zero chance of such a thing
ever getting made, but it'd be nice.  The lack of really good MIDI foot
controllers is a sad thing.

TravisH