EDP w/PMC-10

OK, so I just got my PMC-10 footcontroller to use with my EDP. I had, for
the last 8 years, used the EFC-7, which has worked great, but in the
interest of space saving, decided to try the PMC-10.
I have many of the major functions of the EDP up and running. My problem is
triggering record. I am using note #38, velocity 64, momentary switch..on
release of the switch, it sends velocity 0. This works fine, mostly.
Sometimes, when I hit record, it is almost like a double press...it records
.4 seconds and then resets. I press record again, and it then works fine.
After I am done with that loop, hit record to start another, and it repeats
the resetting. After that, it is fine. This only happens when sending midi
messages- not with the front panel or with the EFC-7.
The PMC-10's midi out is plugged directly into the EDP.
This is getting maddening.

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com