Re: Linux looping

On 2004-05-18, at 18.20, Jason Spring wrote:
>  I was surprised at how user friendly linux is becoming.  Granted,
> there still might be a steep learning curve in some cases or
> situations compared to my own and most people's familiarity with
> windows (or OS X), but my experience with these live cd distributions
> has opened my eyes to the possiblity of a windows free computing
> experience.  I advise anyone to check it out.

I'm very interested in learning about Linux. Actually my audio PC died
last summer when I was in the middle of installing a debian build and
since then I've been mac only. Greg House made me aware of
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com - linux for mac - and I'm just hoping the
Yellow Dogs won't bite my powerbook to death ;-)   Or maybe software
updates will make me a happy OS X camper, don't know yet. Lots of
interesting things are going on this summer - Logic 7 with "elastic
audio" is around the corner and Plastikman has got some personalized
software, with "a special MIDI output feature", from Ableton. Ableton
that is also deep down in Altivec optimizing their code right now. So
just about anything can happen in a near future. Maybe it will be
enough to stay with OS X ;-D

cheers

per

All the best