Re: signal path and asynchronous loops

At 2:24 PM -0700 5/23/04, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>Check out the Lexicon MPX1 for a decent midrange pitchshifter. It
>does that and a lot more.

How does it do with various types of material at various
transposition intervals?

Granted, most of my experience has been with higher-end pitch
shifters, but I've found that even in that realm some devices do very
well with monophonic material a smaller intervals but crap out
completely with complex signals and/or at wider intervals. For
instance, a few years ago a client thought he'd replace his AMS 1580
with a pair of Eventide H3000s but when he tried to transpose his
trumpet down an octave with the 'tide it burbled unusably.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com