completely off topic

I know many people on this list have large music collections and I was wondering if anyone has any storage tips.  Right now my 5,000 plus cd collection sits in very nice shelves but they are placed in the basement.  I live in Michigan and the recent storms have caused me to rethink this!
It would be great if there were 'portable' cd shelves.  Maybe something holding 2-3 rows of 50 cds or so made of plastic....sort of like a very shallow plastic milk crate.
Any ideas gang?  Sorry for the totally off topic nature of the post but the thought of my music collection floating in three feet of flood water has got me motivated!  Thanks,  -Todd