Re: asynchronous loops and the DD-20

Quoting Douglas Baldwin <coyotelk@optonline.net>:
>     And just by the way, Dr. Z may note that I too am coming from the
> Reich/Oliveros experience and using parallel looping signals. But I don't
> have the coin to own the multi-thousand dollar units he mentioned.
>Methinks

It's nice to have independantly addressable asynchronous loops, but I
remember
back when i had a pair of EDPs my tendancy was to build one, go to the
other,
kill the first, then start over again. The DD-20 is well suited to that
way of
working.

unfortunately they aren't rackmountable easily, so if i went to a pair of
those
my "JiggaDelay" (the name I coined for any future DD-20-based looping
solution
for Suit & Tie Guy) would cost more to have cased and racked than to just
buy
another looper. also, i'm not even sure if the phase-reversal mixing
circuit
needed to make the dry signal dissappear would work at all. oh well ...

I am looking forward to having a matching pair of loopers again soon, i'm
going
to wait a couple months to see if they'll be PCM-80s (i have one now) or
Chameleons.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com