Re: OT: Fuzz

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 04:20:24PM -0700, msottilaro wrote:
> We all love it, right?  Of course!  Every now and then I yearn for my
> old Ibanez Tube Screamer.  Thick distorted creamy synth-like tone.
> Warm and tube like?  NOPE.  I'm talking solid state.  What's your
> favorite fuzz box to put in front of your looper (or after) and why?
> Is the line6 modeler any good?

        At the moment, my favorite is a Zoom Ultra Fuzz. Unlike
most zoom stuff, it actually sounds good ;->. Works very well
on my Stick, and sounds great fuzzing out synthy sounds from
the gr-20/x-911/fm4. If I want more of an metal type
sound, I've got a dod fx70 thats insane (sold under several
names like "corrosion", "metalX", "bigfatpig"). I occasionally
use it when doing noise stuff after loops (especially
heavily detuned loops).

Adrian
http://www.phasmatodea.net