Re: OT: FUZZ

Hi all,

Well, I figure I may as well pop in with some input on
this FUZZY topic before it goes away. I currently own
only one distortion pedal, a Prescription Electronics
"Experience" pedal. I use it VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY
sparingly.

It's one of the most over-the-top FUZZ boxes I've found.
However, like cooking with habanero chilies, a little goes
a long way. It spends most of the time OFF or even
OUT of the equipment setup altogether.

I actually prefer to get my distortion from a preamp,
or the preamp stage of whatever amp I'm using . . . if
it's any good. I like to have a little "clean" with my "dirt"
in my old age, heheheh.

I used to go FUZZ crazy 15 to 20 years ago. I'd daisy-chain
an orange Boss distortion, an EH Graphic Fuzz, a Boss
Heavy Metal and a Morley Wah-Distortion pedal all together
at the same time.

I have to admit it was fun, but I was a bit of a "tone moron"
back then too. I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two
over the years.

The Experience pedal gets me back just a little dose of
those days (all in one tidy little box) whenever I need it.
It has a lot of character and can either flat-out sing . . .
or cover your tone in ugly warts (depending).

Best,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian