Re: 1st Loop Workaround in Ableton's LIVE 4.0

On Jun 8, 2004, at 6:34 PM, thetoyroom@comcast.net wrote:
> for example, in the Modulation parameters in Aksys, there's no way to
> 'copy' those mod parameters from one Program to another?  Or, if
> memory serves, even from one layer to another?  How in the hell are
> you supposed to get cool real-time control of your sampleset if you
> can't copy the mod parameters?

ah. you are getting far more into it than i am.

i lost my interest in the mod routings when i saw there was no way to
modulate loop points in real time.

i don't do very sophisticated sampling. basically i just want a bunch
of memory and layers and some filters for tone control. the Akai is
used mainly for drums, ancilliary plucks, saved ambient loops, sfx, and
samples from movies.

one of my favourite things to do is leave the s/pdif from the PCM80 (my
looper) plugged into the Akai to capture any loop i want to save for
later. it is a bit more trouble than saving loops with the Repeater,
but it's not _that_ hard. having the PS/2 keyboard plugged in also
makes a big difference.

---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com