Re: DL4 / Expression Pedal

In short, yes;  I emailed Line 6 about this problem
after I first got the DL4 a couple months ago, and
they said something to the effect that "the only pedal
we can guarantee will work is the Line 6 pedal" (not
an exact quote).  I've tried using my Ernie Ball with
the exact same problem you're describing.  Another had
posted to this list, however, that he'd had luck
switching the ground on his volume pedal, but I'm just
passing this on...
Matt Herman
funender.com/music/herman