RE: nu music (ways to promote)

Now that we're on the topic of ways you can promote and either upload or
link to your music, I'd like to share several places where I have
promoted my music and CD, most of which are free.

ItsFun.com - http://www.itsfun.com (not free)
C|Net Download.com - http://music.download.com
Soundclick - http://www.soundclick.com
Magic Bus Music -http://www.mbus.com
Purevolume - http://www.purevolume.com
Hot Bands - http://www.hotbands.com
Musician's Registry - http://www.musiciansregistry.com
Singer/Song Writer Directory - http://singer-songwriter.com

Every little bit counts. After I submitted or linked to my music with
the above sites, as well as Amazon.com, the Orchard, and CD Baby, my
music started to spread across the internet and search engines like
wildfire.

For those of you trying to promote your CDs, I highly recommend The
Orchard. For $99 these guys will sell your CD on their web site, plus
distribute world-wide, both your physical CD and digital downloads. In
one month, my new CD was on Amazon, Tower Records, Sam Goody, Best Buy,
CD Universe, and many other online stores. Plus they submitted me on All
Music Guide (www.allmusic.com), which I think is really cool given I use
it to do all my band and genre research.

http://www.theorchard.com/index.php

In addition to over 50 digital music providers, they supply the
following online Retail stores:

Amazon.com, CDNow.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Borders.com, Circuitcity.com,
Sonicnet.com, Bestbuy.com, CDuniverse.com, SamGoody.com,  Yahoo.com,
Virginmega.com, Artistdirect.com,  Waldenbooks.com, Target.com, HMV.com,
TowerRecords.com, FYE.com

Kris