RE: Vox Tonelab for looping (reply from Vox about high freq issue)

--- thetoyroom@comcast.net wrote:
> > My DG Stomp, for example, only sounds good through an amp if you turn
>off the
> preamp section (the amp simulation), which just leaves you with a
>handful of
> efx.  I like the efx, so I do that sometimes.
>
> haha...exactly my earlier point about how everyone's tastes are
>different.  You
> use a Yamaha DG stomp, which was, at it's introduction, was considered
>one of
> the best sounding 'modellers' out there...more realistic, less
>processed, etc.
> but you think it sounds bad!  too funny!

No, you misinterpreted my comment. I -like- the sound of the DG
Stomp...when used
direct into a PA. I don't like it used into a guitar amp (with the preamp
section
enabled). It's a great live tool, direct to the PA. Lots of presets,
everything's
available from the box itself (via your feet) without requiring a seperate
foot
controller. It's compact and versatile.

For recording, I can take it or leave it. It's not too bad, but it's not
as good
as a good amp well miced. I could probably live with tracks I'd recorded
with it
in a pinch, but I don't record myself much.

Greg