RE: EDP/MF availability

Found it on the MF Customer Service FAQ.

>From their Customer Service pages (including the misspell): "If your order
is expected to be backordered for longer than 60 days, you will recieve a
similar card. You absolutely must return this card with your signature if
you would like to keep your item on backorder."

I've never had an item on backorder for more than 60 days, so definitely
the
goof is on my part.  Unnecessary apology made anyway. ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: David J. Grossman [mailto:dave@unpronounceable.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 1:53 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: EDP/MF availability

> Matthew and David, I've been a Musician's Friend customer for years
> (~three).  Why would you think you needed to respond to their backorder
> notice emails?  There is nothing in them that indicates a need to
>respond.
> If your item was inexplicably cancelled (and I mean absolutely out of the
> blue), then yeah it was a serious goof on their part.  Is that what
>you're
> saying?  Out of the clear blue sky, to your shock and amazement, your
order
> was canceled?

It wasn't the normal backorder notice that we responded to. If an item is
backordered for more than 60 days (I think it was 60 days), they are
apparently
(paraphrasing based on my recollection) required by law to cancel the order
unless you give explicit permission to keep the item on order. I can
forward
you the e-mail they sent if you want.

Actually, the e-mail pointed me to a customer service page where I had to
send
in a customer service request to keep the item on backorder. I never
received a
response to this request so I called them and they told me that they had
received it and it would remain on backorder (it was on backorder since Feb
2nd).

So, I guess the goof was on your part, eh? That's okay, no apology
necessary.

- Dave