Re:Stereo-zation Analog

For those of us who tend towards the unusual.

My favorite box for making stereo from mono
(apart from the vortex) is the
MAM Rs3 Resonator.
Three panned band pass filters with frequencies that can sweep
together, or against each other.
Will also do envelope following, with the 3 bands controlled
by 3 different freq ranges in the input. (or use exp pedal)

I wouldn't mention it again, only it's now available
for £67 from http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw2_index.html
(search for "MAM" )

The stereo filter sweep can appear as multi-frequency panning,
great on beats and drones alike.

Another technique, for any envelope controlled filter, is
to put both the loop and the live sound through it together,
so the loop is modulated when you  play.

The MAM - Phaze 2 is also stereo analog ultra-tweakable,
similarly-cheap and on-the-way-to-my-house.
..and there's other similarly strange stuff available,
including an analog vocoder for about £130

andy butler