multiple instrument looping

I want to loop live using more than one instrument, probably using the Echoplex latest version.  I play both guitar and electric violin.  I'd like to set up loops using probably acoustic guitar [with pickup] for rhythm and then add on top with violin [with pickup].  I also may want to lay down some percussion loops as well.  How is the best way to set up mutiple instruments in this way?

Also anyone have experience using the Roland handsonic or other midi percussion for looping?

thanks
Dave