From: .David.Auker. [mailto:DaVAuk@Hevanet.com]
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 9:53 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Calexico

A couple of nights ago I saw Calexico at Portland's Aladdin Theater.  For
the opening number, guitarist Joey Burns and drummer John Convertino were
very proficient in their duet, with the stage ready for four more of the
group to join them for the rest of the show (two horns, marimba, pedal
steel, stand-up bass, etc).  I'd just heard an interview with Joey on Terry
Gross and Fresh Air, hearing their cover of Love's Alone Again Or.  Nice.

Looping content: Joey several times reached down and got a sweeping sound
effect, like twisting the Delay Time on a DL-4.  I wonder if that's what he
uses?

Any Calexico fans out there?

David