Re: OT: other recorder recommendations ?

In a message dated 7/6/04 2:40:01 PM, mtman@cloud9.net writes:

<< Fifteen minutes of trying to figure out why the thing
doesn't do what I expect, and the lack of intuitiveness has me ready to
throw in the towel. >>

Just a further note.
I have used several digital recorders and they tend to partition into
System
function and Utility function. Sometimes there is a seperate Edit function
but
often edit is part of the Utility mode.

There is some similarity to digital camera interface. For instance, to
delete
a photo you have to switch to display, select the photo, push the trash
button, select erase and then hit Store or Set. In other words, 4 or 5
step process.

You may have to grit your teeth and spend more than 15 minutes to get a
handle on these thingies. More like a couple of hours.
:-)

As for real rugged durability, then you are talking about professional
quality thousands of dollars type stuff.

regards
BobC