OT: Synth "Internal Battery" Replacement

My Yamaha SY77 needs a new internal battery.  I can get to it fine (a mere
20 screws), but it's soldered in.  I have a friend with soldering skills
that's going to look at it.

Just wondering if any of you have had to do this...any success stories
(hopefully no failure stories!)?  I've gotten a few tips from the
rec.music.makers.synth group, like be careful of the thin tin leads...  I
wish I could just clip the old out, clip the new in!

Sorry for the OT, have a great day!

David