Re: OT: Synth "Internal Battery" Replacement

On Jul 9, 2004, at 3:05 PM, .David.Auker. wrote:
> My Yamaha SY77 needs a new internal battery.  I can get to it fine (a
> mere
> 20 screws), but it's soldered in.  I have a friend with soldering
> skills

I completely and totally resent Yamaha for their rude attitude towards
battery placement and the service people who have to deal with them.
(in fact, it seems like ALL Yamaha equipment is designed from the
ground up to be as rude as possible to the user.)

Roland uses battery holders ... much better.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com