Re: [LOOP] Zvex Effects Inquiry

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 ArsOcarina@aol.com wrote:

[snip]

> They also have a new pedal out called the Seek Trem.
> Anyone have any firsthand knowledge of that?

I promised I'd reply once I had firsthand knowledge of this. Mine came in
this past Tuesday and I worked with it for a two nights and then I used in
a performance on Thursday, so I can make a few basic comments by now.

It's a Seek-Wah, except using eight volume circuits in place of the eight
wah circuits. The sequencer is exactly the same as the Seek-Wah with one
important exception: whenever you step on the Seek-Trem to activate it, it
always starts one the first of the eight (or four, or six: there's a
three-position switch just like on the Seek-Wah to choose 4/6/8).

It's a tremolo so it's theoretically a subtle effect, but Zachary's
trem is more versatile than I'd anticipated. You can get some choppy
timeslices of sound, echo-like effects, or delicate slow wavering like
looking through old plate glass that's begun to pour down from flat and
vertical. It sounds clear, and is great for what it is.

Info page and instructions:
http://www.zvex.com/seek-trem.html

Demo video:
http://www.zvex.com/movies/seek-trem.mov