RE: Echoplex questions ( was: (no subject) )

________________________________

From: SOULAR@aol.com [mailto:SOULAR@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 12:26 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Echoplex questions ( was: (no subject) )

 > here are a few questions i have regarding my echoplex proplus.
 > i just got it and can't figure out the following.

 > 1. first of all, i thought you could listen simultaneously to several
loops at the same time. i was surprised when i went into the parameter
page
 > and set "more loops" for more than 1 (i set it for 3) and after i
recorded something into the first loop and went to the next loop the first
loop
 > stopped sounding. is there a way to hear that first loop while you go to
next loop and so on through other loops? or am i really working within 1
 > loop at a time with layers.

No, think of each individual loop as a different part of a song a three
loop
setting gives you a three part song (this is really a simplistic answer on
my part)

 > 2.after you record the first "pass" in a loop are the following loops
"bound" to the time you used in that first loop? inother words if your
first

 > "pass"is 4 beats ( 1 measure) and approximately 5 seconds do subsequent
overdubs have to be the same length?

Yes in the case of overbub but, if quantize is off you can change the
length
via insert and multiply they would be unrounded and don't follow the length
of the original loop unless you count your time well and end at the right
time (in the case of quantize=off and/or roundmode=off)

 > 3. when you undo a "layer", is there a way to skip backwards thru layers
without undoing a layer.
 >particularly if you wanted to go back to a layer and change the feedback
level on it?
No eevrything is sequential in the EDP's memory so, you in effect walk
backwards in time as far as undo is concerned. The mechanism to enable
selective layer Undo's would probably make the EDP even harder to use but,
mastering or just learning it is part of the fun. Think of EDP as a new
instrument you are playing two instruments now the EDP and whatever you are
playing right now.

>i probably will have more questions but would love to get any of the above
answered. i appreciate you
>help. Thanks

That's the nature of the beast we call an EDP there is always something
that
isn't absolutely clear ;D