Re:help in understanding EDP stuttermode...

At 00:45 25/07/04, you wrote:
>Can someone SIMPLY explain me stutter mode?

Andre LaFosse, check out his edp pages.

http://www.altruistmusic.com/EDP/

as he left this list, you're stuck with my
incomprehensible ramblings.

When we discovered the EDP stutter effect during
Beta testing, Andre was the guy who convinced
Matthias Grob to make a mode for it.
(...yeah, I tried of course)

>  Ive read the manual... tried loads of stuff.. and just DONT get it!!!
> REALLY cant hear a difference! I suspect that its MAY have something to
> do with ... not using a pedal for feedback yet...

have to set InsertMode=Ins,
(or use midi Insert button)

If you don't know all about Insert, then
first you need to get that sorted.

Then, to get the idea, go to your EDP

Its easy to get if you make a short loop,
then Multiply it to a longer one,
...and make sure you overdub enough so
that each short cycle is different

...having done that....

In StutterMode when you hit  Insert you hear
the next cycle (which is now a fraction of the whole loop) repeat over and
over.

so if the cycle length (which is the length of the original loop before
Multiplying)
is short enough you get that "classic" Stu-Stu-Stu" effect.

...NOW...
you have 2 options

a) press Insert again,  and then the stutters are Inserted into the loop

b) press Undo, and the loop continues as if the Stutter Insert hadn't
occurred.

It's also possible to do Insert followed by Record,
(or use InsertMode=SUS)
this can be used with a loop that hasn't been Multiplied
to create repetitions within the cycle.
(in this case, option b above is not useful, as you wouldn't hear
any difference)

Main thing is to set up the EDP right and try out what happens,
then you'll soon get it

>(related Q.. can I use a midi pedal for feedback or MUST it be pugged in
>at the back??

Yes, but plugging the pedal in the back gives you
some stuff that MIDI won't

>I have the FCB1010 and them 2 pedals (however that would however mean
>programming it on EVERY pedal... growwwn!! ))

worth it , and doesn't take too long once
you get going

>Mark

enjoy,

andy butler