Andre on StutterMode

from my personal archives:-

From: Andre LaFosse <altruist@earthlink.net>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: granular looping as a sustain pedal?

Hi Peter,

Peter Einhorn wrote:
 > Can granular looping be used to imitate a sustain pedal (as the functions
 > name implies] or, even better, a sostenuto pedal?

In the case of the EDP, "sus" generally refers to momentary pedal action
rather than to sustaining an audio event... but these are a few
different approaches you could try...

I have done a few things with SubCycle Multiply in Stutter mode along
these lines, to stretch the length of a note waaaaaaaay out.  It's not a
very transparent effect, but I like it alot.

There's also a SingleCycle Multiply in Stutter mode, which allows
indefinite repetitions of a given cycle within a multi-cycle loop...

...or you could set Switchquant=CNF, and use SUS-Insert or Unrounded
Multiply to copy just a small fragment into the next loop, and have that
one short thing repeat over and over...

Hmmm.

--Andre LaFosse
http://www.altruistmusic.com