RE: Lesson Learned: Ordering Anything involving UPS

Title: RE: Lesson Learned: Ordering Anything involving UPS

>>I just found out that the UPS driver can decide to simply leave your package outside your door if you're not home<<

yeah- they do it in the UK too. a couple of times I've come home expecting to find a "we called but you were out" card from UPS, fedex, parcel-farce or whomever, & instead I've seen, from a distance, the various bits of council-provided garden furniture rearranged in an interesting way. we have these big wheelie bins for normal garbage, but also these little green boxes with lids supposably for recycling. they are about the size of a six-U rack unit.... I've found all sorts of packages in there, & a brick on top, & the whole thing positioned so that the wheelie bin would have to be moved to get at it or past it to the front door. I sort of wouldn't mind if I thopught the UPS (or whatever) guy knew what day the recycling box is supposed to be emptied, but also the arrangement of the bin draws attention to the whole deal.

but if I get stuff delivered to our mailroom at work, & there's some import tax to pay, the guy will take it away again unless the mailroom have exactly the right amount of money or the shipper has remembered to call me for my credit card # in advance, which they seldom do. one tape deck came here from LA, went back & came again because of this, & the 11,000 miles didn't do it's insides any good.

y'can't win.

d.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.

It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.

MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.

MTV Networks Europe