Re: Off Topic? I'll give you Off Topic!!

Starbucks is a big company.  Obviously the person who wrote the article
about the 9/11 incident has it out for Starbucks.  DO you really think
if Starbucks management knew what it's employee did they'd condone it?
Of course not, for negative publicity alone.  Some dorky employee did
this.  Big surprise they're upper management is hard to get to.  All
you people who love PCs, try calling Bill Gates when your copy of Word
isn't working.

Anyway, I have no real love for big companies or Starbucks.  However,
they employed an ex girlfriend at a time she really needed a job and
gave her health insurance and a bit more dollars per hour than most
service industry jobs.  It's not the best coffee in the world, but it's
decent, especially when on the road traveling through the midwest where
coffee isn't widely understood.  I'm happy they opened up a second near
my house, as the "mom and pop" coffee place (JavaRama) has shitty
coffee.  Do I go to Starbucks instead?  No, my wife roasts our own
coffee, but we will go to the Peets (a smaller Starbucks like CA chain)
that took Starbuck's lead and opened a cafe across the street from
them.

I am surprised they won the logo lawsuit.  Doesn't that fall under
parody?  Blame our conservative country's anti free speech judicial
system.  What can you expect from the decedents of puritans?

Mark