Echo Pros in Stereo (was Gig in Cleveland)

I'm most curious about how people are implementing the 'Record' function
of an Echo Pro (or two).  It seems there isn't a midi command that makes
the Echo Pro record button to act like the DL4.

Can someone please tell me what midi command you are using for 'Record'
and/or 'overdub' and how it implements?

Right now, I'm using midi note number 60, and that works somewhat how I
want it, with the exception that I need to hold down the footswitch
while I'm recording, and when I let off the switch, it is immediately in
overdub.  I need to tap it again to take it into 'play' mode.

I'm using a behringer FCB1010

Any info is appreciated.

Best,

Rich

>btw, how do you use the echo pros in stereo?

A couple of weeks back, I posted a long (read: tedious <*half-grin*>)
write-up on how to do that.  There was also the disclaimer that it's
stereo
in the sense that it keeps the content between the left and right
channels
distinct, even if they're not absolutely locked in
synchronization.  Regardless, I've been using the setup for a bit now,
and
it's still working better than expected.

Let me know if you missed the post -- or if you've any other questions
about it -- and I'll be more than happy to address them.

Hey Michael!  You left the Repeater out of the list of looping
devices.  And that's *undoubtedly* stereo.   ;^)

         --m.

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil

http://www.nod32.com