Re: Mobius, an EDP emulator

 > - Is it possible to loop a mono instrument and maybe let the output go
 >   through some stereo treatments? (panning? effect bus send?)

Not now, but yes, I would like to support an effects bus of some kind.
If possible, it would be a VST host and you could patch effects in at
various points.  I don't know much about VST yet so I'm not sure how
hard that would be.

I could probably build in panning and multi-tap delay,  but I know nothing
about DSP so anything more complicated would have to be done with a plugin.

 > - Can these multiple Mobius instances play back simultaneously?

Yes.

 > - Can these multiple Mobius instances be of different loop lengths?

Yes.  Right now they are completely independent, it's as if you had several
EDPs fed from the same input.  They share the same preset but they
have independent feedback.  I'm working on synchronization options
where you could do something like LoopCopy=Timing during the switch
to get the loopers at the same loop length.  But you could then Multiply
in one and leave the other as it was.

 > - What OS does Mobius run under?

Sorry, I know you use a Mac, but it only runs on the PC.  I'm trying
to limit OS dependencies where I can (I use PortAudio) but I don't
have the ability to do a Mac port right now.  Once it stabilizes I may
open-source it so that others can try.

 > - Will the different instances of the VST, opened on different
 >     channels in a host application, be able to use different settings?

I don't know much about VST at the programming level yet, but I would
expect yes.

Thanks for your interest,
Jeff